Preliminary Industry Track Program (Chairs: Carmen Padrón and Michael Amigot, Room C)
Thursday, 17 September (10:00 - 17:30)
10:00 - 10:05: Welcome: Setting up the scene and explaining the working method
- Welcome and goals of the workshop: Carmen L. Padrón-Nápoles and Michael Amigot, Track Chairs
- Preparing for working together. Brief description of the day schedule and working method.
10:05 - 11:00: 1st Session: Industry views and experiences on emerging technologies and their impact on learning
- “Tools: Tomorrow’s on-board learning system” by Manuel Oliveira, SINTEF, Norway
- “MOOCs and their impact on Corporate training: The EdX experiences” by Michael Amigot, IBL Studios, USA.
- “The EMMA experiences combining MOOCs, Game based and LA approaches” by Carmen L. Padrón-Nápoles, ATOS, Spain
- “Ethics and learning in corporate settings” by Fausto Sainz de Salces, SAPALA, UK
- “Next-Generation Architecture for Learning Analytics Research” by Alfred Essa , McGraw-Hill Education
- "Transforming a research project result into an innovation in the field: Creating a blended learning course on time management" by Nils Faltin, IMC, Saarbrücken, Germany
11:00 - 11:30: Coffee break
11:30 - 13:00: 2nd Session: Panel: Open issues and how to make effective Technology transfer to solve education problems
13:00 - 14:30: Lunch break
14:30 - 16:00: 3rd Session: Making Personal Learning Environments a reality: workshop
- PLEs and the PCP initiative of IMAILE project led by Ellinor Wallin and Petra Kampf.
16:00 - 16:30: Coffee break
16:30 - 17:20: Making Personal Learning Environments a reality: Networking session
17:20 - 17:30: Wrapping up
- Closing the day: General and particular impressions led by Chairs